Thursday, May 15

Well, if I hurry I think I can slide this in before the date kicks over to Friday. (Actually, in truth, I cheated -- I saved it here, then went back and edited it. All in the name of not missing a day.) Isn't that odd, though, how no matter how late into the night it stretches, it still seems like Thursday night until I go to bed? As we speak it's technically 12:02 AM Friday morning, but there's no way it feels like Friday in any way. Friday is when I hand out paychecks, Friday is when I don't work at night, and so on. It's still Thursday, no matter how technical you want to get with me.

Of course, when I stay up all night, that screws everything over. It's like I have to manually reset my mind-clock when the sun ccomes up, because somewhere in there it stopped being Monday and it started being Tuesday, or whatever days of the week were affected. Yet there was no concrete change in my mind. If I'm not careful here, I'll slip back into the discussion on time zones and Daylight Savings which I started on Mark's blog a couple of months ago.

Anyway...........

I forgot why I was posting.

I don't know... I guess I didn't have anything interesting to say, anyway. It's been a lame two days. I could have slept through yesterday and wouldn't've been any further ahead or behind in life than I was when I ended Tuesday, and days like that just suck.

Today was thankfully a little more interesting... got all of my dinner shopping done. Tomorrrow, I chop things. That's always fun... I've got about 25 shallots to peel and chop. Those little fuckers really start to get on my nerves after a while... not so much from the onion scent, but just because there's so much garbage on them you've got to get through before you get to the good purple part. There ends up being a huge stack of dry shallot skins and layers of crappy green outsides, and a little bitty pile of chopped shallot. Oh well. You can't beat the flavor you get from shallot.

By the way, if anyone who's coming likes celery, I'm going to have an assload of leftover celery that'll be free for the taking. I only need ½ cup chopped (like maybe 2 ribs), but you've got to buy the whole friggin' bunch, and I'm not going to eat it. But aside from that, I should pretty much use up everything else I bought. I've got half a shelf devoted to just broccoli for the Broccoli-Gruyère soup.

In response to those who've pointed out that my archives don't work (and those who've complained grouchily... Kristy), I fixed them. Apparently it's a fairly common problem, some sort of bug in the template, but one they never bothered to actually, you know, fix. DISCLAIMER: I love the service I get from Blog*Spot hosting, and I'd NEVER speak ill of them... would I? So occasionally I have to go in and do some clicking around to make them come back, but now that I know how to fix it, there shouldn't be a problem.

All right, stay fresh, everyone. Matrix in less than 48 hours. JMA says it's got the best plot twist ever, but that's all he said... which is probably for the best. If anyone spoiled the big surprises, the ones that even Newsweek hadn't been allowed to mention, I'd be halfway liable to lose my temper.

No comments: