Wednesday, May 14

All right. The directions have been sent. One problem, though -- I couldn't access my blog archives to double-check who said they'd be there off of my original party post on the 3rd. If you haven't gotten the email with the directions, let me know at tfg46@cox.net.

So the ball's rolling now. I've got my recipes in order, and tonight I'll arrange my shopping list. Tomorrow I shop, Friday I chop, Saturday it drops, and Sunday I flop. :-)

Oh, yeah... the funky computer problem? I seem to have fixed it. Of course, the problem with the modem was just a temporary cable outage, but noooooooo, I couldn't be patient and wait it out. Besides, after 3 attempts to connect, the modem froze up my computer each time. So I ran System Restore, figuring whatever caused the problem would go away if I reverted the system a few hours or so. Unfortunately: (1) it didn't, and (2) I found out after the fact that if you run System Restore, it kills Norton AntiVirus. Something about resetting program settings that shouldn't be reset, so it deactivates itself and notifies you that you have to reinstall it. No big deal -- save for the fact that I have no idea where my original system disks are. Mark's come through in the clutch, though, with software that should help me restore NAV.

No comments: