Sunday, May 4

There's a feeling I hate to have, and that feeling is the wave of fear when you wake up not to your alarm, and you haven't processed time of day and where, if anywhere, you're supposed to be. That happened just now. I had laid down on the couch after microwaving up some Gorton's Lemon Pepper Grilled Fillets, and the next thing I know, I open my eyes and it's 12:35. Now, for the first three or four seconds, my mind is in an absolute state of panic, because I can't remember going to sleep -- the first thing that comes to mind is, did I just sleep through morning work? As I start to flail in an attempt to get off the couch, reason slowly seeps back into my head. But those few seconds of panic? Unpleasant, at best.

Anyway, I figured since I'd scored a bonus 2-hour nap, I'd post before I went to bed for reals. Besides, I had (now cold) fish fillets to eat and the Iron Chef grand finale to watch. Three cheers for Hiroyuki Sakai, who upheld the honor of Kitchen Stadium by defeating Alain Passard in the Battle of Long-Gang Chicken. (Now, if you aren't an Iron Chef fan, all that probably looks like a bunch of babble.)

I probably wouldn't have dozed off if I hadn't been up until 4:15 last night, and got up at 5:45, but them's the breaks, you know? I'd better get to bed soon, because I'm starting to feel like not going back to sleep. Something's got a hold of me. Going on an hour and a half of sleep last night, I flew around the kennel this morning in a fantastic mood. Mind you, I used to be grouchy for the first hour and a half each morning, and I was getting 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night.

Went out last night with Kassandra (yeah, by the way, that's her name; Mark can stop referring to her as "Mystery Woman")... dinner, then to a karaoke place. The smoke was ridiculously thick, though, so we opted out of there and went to Graham Central Station. Ach, yes, dancing! Okay, so I didn't exactly tell her I've never really been to a club and danced before, but, oh, she found out... so... I promised her I'd go online and look up "The Clumsy Big Guy's Guide to Dance" before our next foray to a club.

It's all good, though. I feel no negative energy in my life right now. Can't compain, man.

No comments: