Wednesday, May 28


Hey, again. I didn't get any sleep last night... stayed up trying to look up people I haven't talked to in forever that I'd like to catch up with. They're all from Coronado, from various classes, and since most of you blog visitors are from Coronado, too, I thought maybe I'd throw out a list of names and see if anyone has any ideas. Here's the list, with their graduating year... if you know where I might drop them a line, let me know. Oh, and if you have a contining personal beef with some of these people (like one person did whom I chatted on the phone with earlier... name withheld), please keep it to yourself. I don't care if you do or not.

  • Brooks Corbin (1999)
  • Rachel Klein (2000)
  • Jessica Knight (1998)
  • Jed Gray (2001)
  • Jessica Packer (2001)
  • Dave Glascock (1999)
  • Ben Berry (1999)

So... yeah. They're all people I haven't talked to in four years or more, with the exception of Brooks, whom I lost track of a year ago Christmas. Like I said, I just want to drop a line, say "How ya doin," see what's been going on the last four years.

The other thing is (and notice how I bury this under the lead story) is I've set in motion a rolling rock which can't be stopped. I'm starting to formulate a timetable as to finding a new line of employment. It's time. I can't lie to myself about my future anymore, because day by day it's becoming more obvious that I won't be doing this forever, let alone within 4 or 5 years. I haven't lost my love for the dogs... but I've lost my flair for the work, I guess. I still feel about my dogs the way I've felt forever. I don't know. I still hold out hope that something, somehow, will reignite me and give me hope that I extend what I'm doing for a while longer, but... we'll have to see. I'm not going to up and quit or anything -- don't get the wrong idea here -- I've just started to sketch out what I'd need to do. Call it a contingency plan. "Be prepared," as I once heard when I was a Cub Scout.

Okay, that aside... *deep breath* Okay. As briefly mentioned in the above post, I edited the information in the gray sidebar to your left. I've created the TFGBlog Virtual Bookflap (and, Briste, I think the extra "the" is proper here, because TFGBlog is used as the adjective and not the direct object. I've created the bookflap... the bookflap which is TFGBlog's, so it's the TFGBlog... well, you get it.). See, I've started to go to random blogs through the Recently Updated link back at blogger.com's homepage. Well, I started last night, around 4:30 AM, for lack of anything better to do. But it turned out to be fun... some were kind of nonsensical, some flat-out stank, yet some were a worthwhile read, much like I'd hope mine could be... kind of a peephole into my life. If I liked it, well, I commented in their Forums. I was especially impressed with Sprite's blog... that, and I wanted to give her a shout-out because she came back and commented on MY blog. So I've also decided to keep a list of those who've crosspollinated my blog, so to speak. At the same time, I realized if I was hoping people might drift over my way, I needed to include a little bit more information about myself, to give them perspective on what they're reading. Thus... the Virtual Bookflap. Now, to be fair, I included friends' blogs, too, since you've all been here before. I'm also going to include your various homepages on my main page when I finish it, too.

Anyway, I think that's it. Again. Jeez. I can take a molehill of subjects and turn it into a mountain of verbosity, can't I? Hey, on the upside, if you read my blog enough, you might find yourself using these big words in everyday conversation, and then people will think you're uppity and presumptuous, too. :-)

No comments: