Tuesday, May 6

I'm starting to worry about this whole cooking thing... I may actually be good at this. I got up this morning and decided to make breakfast (not for myself -- I don't do breakfast). I looked in the fridge, saw I had 3 eggs left, so I thawed some frozen shrimp and shredded a little bit of the Gruyère I bought for the soup at the dinner (yeah, I plan ahead), and 5 minutes later, I'd created a Garlic Shrimp Gruyère Omelette. I had the last bite of it, and I don't mean to pat myself on the back -- okay, yeah, I do -- but it was damn tasty. Best part was, I've never successfully made an omelette before; they always wind up looking like regurgitated scrambled eggs. And, poof! It was Matrixesque, the way it came to me this morning. Freaky.

Anyway, I'm inspired, so for dinner I'm making something with chicken, shrimp, cream, wine, garlic, shallots, and capellini (angel hair pasta). (Before long, the Fry's by my parents' house, which I still drive to for my shopping, is going to just devote a lane to me. I'm there damn near 8 times a week.) Tonight's dish isn't named yet, but something'll come to me.

No comments: