Sunday, May 11

I know everyone's hanging on the edge of their seats to see how I'll react... Well, I'm all right. EvilMe and I had an argument this morning after I got to the kennel, but I won out. Rationally, I know that it's not, like, over... we're just slowing it down and trying not to rush it. Rather than fake emotions that aren't there, we'll let it develop and see if it comes on its own.

Of course, if this were EvilMe, I'd be nowhere near as rational. I don't mean to freak you out... it's not like I have MPD or anything, like where I'm a wholly different person or something and can't remember what each personality does on its own time. But I'm coming to understand I have two distinctly different mindsets. Actually, I probably don't... but it's easier for me to deal with it and talk about it if I picture it like that. There's me, the one who everyone really knows... witty, charming, handsome, and somewhat of an exaggerationist. Then there's EvilMe, who has no sense of humor, likes to sit around and stare at the wall (that's always a dead giveaway... if someone asks, "What are you doing?" and I respond, "Oh, just laying around, staring at the [wall/ceiling]," I'm probably under the grip of EvilMe -- see also "bad head morning"), and prefers to not see the real rational reasoning behind things.

I mean, now, seriously... don't go getting weirded out on me. This is just how I picture the debate going on in my head. If I'm having a problem, I sort of imagine myself doing the Zac Morris time-stopper and letting myself and EvilMe go at it. For a long while in Tucson, I was EvilMe 24/7. Everything was Chicken-Little-esque -- the end of the world. Case in point? If I ordered a Cheesy Gordita Crunch without lettuce from Taco Bell, yet they still slathered it with the foul shredded leaf, I'd practically be on the verge of tears. How dare they besmirch my Cheesy Gordita Crunch, the uncaring bastards?! But nowadays, now that I'm solidly back in control of myself, hell, I'm not even ordering No Ice in my sodas anymore. It's not that big a deal.

I don't like EvilMe. I don't like talking about EvilMe, either. But the thing about this blog is, even though I know people read it, I feel like I can talk about anything on here. Well, ALMOST anything... my 2nd career of moonlighting as a cooler at Tiffany's is still my little secret.

No comments: