Tuesday, May 20

Strange day, today. (Monday, I mean... I know this'll be posted under Tuesday's banner.) I was at the kennel at 5:30 am, like we usually do on Mondays and Fridays due to early-morning "workout" races at the track. Unfortunately, they moved starting time for schooling up to 6:00 am, and we start an hour before that...it had been 6:30 for a while. So, therefore, I was half an hour late today... but on the upside, so was everyone but Mark, since he was the only one who knew about the memo; he left it in the kennel but nobody, myself included, bothered to look at it. We decided to bump schooling to tomorrow (Tuesday) --- which doesn't bother me any, considering I'm off all day Tuesdays.

Anyway, so after about 20 minutes of working, I step outside to sip some more of the tea I brought, and wammo! I get hit with another one of the migrainesque headaches I've been having for the past 5 days. I ended up sitting in my truck for two hours waiting for my head to clear up enough to drive home -- I'd already decided I wasn't going to finish the morning. I checked my blood-glucose level, and it was at 129 mg/dL, which is good, towards the top end of average, so THAT wasn'r causing the headaches. Then I went over to my parents' house and had my mom check my blood pressure, and it was just fine, though I don't remember the exact numbers, so THAT wasn't causing them, either. Near as I can tell, without going to the doctor just yet, it's got to be my heightened caffeine consumption. I've been drinking almost a gallon of iced tea (caffeinated) and half a gallon of Diet Pepsi or Diet Dew A DAY. I'm laying off the nasty drug and we'll see what develops.

Got to get to bed. I can't finish sentences -- I keep dozing off.

No comments: