Friday, June 20

I got called back!

My audition for the "jazz choir" was a couple of hours ago, and I was invited to return on Thursday the 3rd of July to sing with the group. First, I should mention that it really isn't a "choir", per se. It's actually a 5-person a capella group, one person to each part. (Sound familiar? Think Rockapella. Except this group has women.) The group is "5 Degrees Cooler". They're short a person, though, in need of someone who sings in a low tenor-high baritone range with the ability to cover an occasional bass part, too. Sound familiar? Think Clifton. So, I fit the bill... but the major obstacle is my abject lack of choral experience. I wrote "No" or "None" 8 times on my application. And for all I know, they may give call-backs to almost everyone who tries out -- I don't know how it works. But, hey, I wasn't told "no thanks" right off the bat, right? So we'll see. I received copies of their sheet music along with a CD of the songs. I've got 13 days to select 3 songs to sing with the group. I've got 1 picked out. Guess what the opening song on their CD is? Ahem, track 4 from Rockapella's CD, Primer... "My Home." I KNOW that song!!!

Anyway, so, yeah, I'm all excited and stuff. Stopped at Popeye's on the way home and picked up some dirty rice and gumbo. Gonna go eat some good food.

Before I go, though... I saw an interesting personalized plate today. A little silver BMW Z3 passed me, and it had Arizona plates which read, "WEENAH." I'm so not even making that up. HOW did they get THAT by the acceptance board at the MVD?

No comments: