Sunday, June 1

Hey, yo. Been a while since I posted, mainly because I was hoping for more action on my people search... but to no avail. Ah well. I shouldn't stay up all night anyway.

Anyway, I'm going to make an effort to move my ass and call some local orchestras, symphonies, and bands, and see if anyone needs a tuba player. I discussed music at length with Ann Briggs last night, and I realized as I was talking just how much I missed it. I probably won't be calling the Scottsdale Symphony, though... see a future blog for more on that, and their tyrant tubist named Dwayne.

Went karaokeing last night... 'twas fun... I delivered a wicked good performance of Diamond Rio's "Meet in the Middle." You know it was good when you almost pass out when you're done. Anyway, it was good until the DJ got piss-drunk and suddenly couldn't figure out how to run the machine -- he was having enough trouble with it sober, and the 7 or 8 beers (seriously) didn't help much. Dude's name was Pork Chop. DJ Pork Chop. I'm serious.

If I were having a party, the first person I WOULDN'T call would be DJ Pork Chop. Anyway... I've got lunch to eat...

CLIFTON'S LUNCH
2 lbs. Velveeta cheese
16 oz. Pace picante sauce (DON'T buy Chunky Salsa)
2 small cans diced fire-roasted green chiles (or one big can... I guess)
dribble of milk
1 big bag Tostitos (original 100% white corn, no fancy-schmancy scoops or rounds, thank you very much)

Cut cheese into cubes. Place in a big microwave safe bowl and heat for 4 minutes. Stir to distribute melted cheese. Add the salsa and the green chiles and stir again. (The cheese will still be lumpy.) Dribble in some milk and stir again. Place back in the microwave and cover with a paper towel (unless you want to scrub burnt-on Velveeta off every interior surface of your microwave). Heat for 4 more minutes. Stir. If it isn't completely smooth, heat for another minute, and check... repeat this step until it's smooth. Eat with chips.

TIP: I use mild picante sauce but add a couple shots of Chipotle Tabasco. You can add your juice of choice to heat things up. I'm a big fan, by the way, of my Chipotle Tabasco sauce. It's not quite as hot as regular Tabasco yet hotter than Green Tabasco, but, oh, does it ever add flavor. It's my favorite new condiment of the year, just edging out French's honey mustard.

No comments: