Monday, June 21

Huh. Took a break from Audioblogging for a few days. I guess when you're housesitting for your parents, laying around, with naught to do, interesting things to say don't tend to come to mind.

So I spent some time adding stuff to the Gallery. I think it's at a good level of stuff for the moment, unless the urge strikes me again. Anyhow, I added a bunch of pictures to the Euro Trip gallery, as well as an old trophy presentation to the Trophies pics. Go see already...

Let's see... interesting things... uh, Friday night, Zachary and I went to visit his friend Ricky at the hospital. (He wrecked on his bike and obliterated a wrist. "Two pins and a plate!" he repeated often, assisted in his foggy mood by morphine.) Anyhow, what was interesting was, as Zach and I crossed the emergency-room driveway, I saw someone who might have been Ashley coming out of the ER, looking not too pleased with the world. We were going in opposite directions, though, and I wasn't sure enough to venture a "Hey." Anyhow, tonight I'm sitting here editing my page, and she comes online and asks, "Were you at or near the Scottsdale Osborn ER last night around 7:45?" What do you know? It's a small world after all, I guess...

Oh, oh, I know! I paid Zachary $5 to eat a Pounce soft cat treat. Hah! Something interesting DID happen tonight!

We were wondering if they did, in fact, taste like Tantalizing Tuna. I said, "I will so pay you $5 if you eat one of these." I brandished the cash and laid it on the counter. I picked out a tan-with-turquoise-stripes fish-shaped piece and handed it to him. As he filled a glass of iced tea, I told him, "No popping it in then swallowing it like a pill. I want to see chewage."

So in it went, and he chewed it really quickly four or five times... then his face kinda wilted, and he froze. I told him to open his mouth, and there it was, munched up in all its glory. It was more than his taste buds could take, though -- he lurched over to the sink and puked.

And puked.

And gagged some, and puked.

"Nastiest thing I've ever tasted in my life!" he wailed. Best five bucks I ever spent. *grin* I offered him $20 on the spot if he would try a piece of a different flavor and tell me if there was a difference. He passed. Guess it WAS that nasty.

No comments: