Friday, June 4

Do you ever just sit and read through the blogs of complete strangers? I've wasted an hour of prime nap time this afternoon catching up on some of my randomly linked blogs from my Blurb page. Stevan from the UK is still as spontaneously funny as ever. Here's a couple of samples:

My cup runneth over
They have solved the problem of the coffee maching only dispensing half cups of brown stuff that looks something like coffee. Smaller cups! What an inspired piece of lateral thinking.
Stevan | Thursday, May 29, 2003 | comments(0)

Who's guffed?
So, there I was, minding my own business, buying a new pair of trousers this afternoon when I became aware of the person next to me wandering off. I paid this little or no attention until I was enveloped in a spreading, green, putrid cloud of noxious fumes. The dirty little sod had dropped one and buggered off leaving me to take the blame. Get some medical help mate! The assistant chose that exact same moment to come and offer to assist me, "Can I help you S... Oh my god who's farted?" She didn't stay very long, in fact she took one breath and scarpered, handkerchief clamped over her nose and mouth, eyes a-streaming, the curls dropping out of her hair, towards the ladies department where things, presumably, smell a little sweeter. From now on I shall be known in some parts of Guildford as the man who cleared the mens department in Gap.

Neveratoss is innocent!
Stevan | Tuesday, June 01, 2004 | comments(4)

Way back when, I commented on his page, and he posted me back. That was my first international blog communication. You can see that entry on this page, under the title "Blogsville Arizona", and you can get to the current page here.

I don't know what it is about this blogging thing that draws me in like that. I read about them in Newsweek about three years ago, and they'd correctly pegged it as "the next big thing on the Web." Go figure. I'm not usually one to get swept up in mainstream trends as such. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go reward my curiosity with a Vanilla Coke and listen to some legally-downloaded tunes on my iPod.

Editor's note: I own none of the aforementioned items. Not even, ah, legally-downloaded tunes. *cough*

No comments: