Saturday, March 20

I figured since I was making the rounds and officially posting invitations to my next dinner (Saturday, April 17th), I probably ought to slap this blog up here at the top, and tell you to scan down about 6 posts to see the menu. I'll say again that if anyone has any special requests, let me know. I like a challenge. I pulled off fried okra last time; ANYTHING's possible.

I must be getting desperate, because I caught myself looking at gastric-bypass surgery websites today. Obviously, that would make sense if I were filthy rich, but I don't have that kind of money to spend. So I guess I'll have to do it the old-fashioned way. I'm going to do my best to limit myself to eating out 5 times a week. That's one for Sunday afternoon when I'm at Apache, two for the 2 nights I do Phoenix, and two for some other times during the week. That may still sound like a lot, but it's better than the 9-10 times I'm averaging right now. And while, yes, there's ways to eat out and still eat healthy, unfortunately it's farr too easy to just go to Sonic and eat the food I love instead. So this will be the starting point.

Five times is a cutback. It's not tremendously drastic, but it's not cold turkey, either. I've got so much low-fat food in my pantry just waiting to be cooked, yet I can't resist the urge to pull into Del Taco on the way home instead of eating intelligently at home. I can have two cups of Insta-Ramen for about 70 cents and be just as full as I'd be if I dropped $10 at Sonic. It's the truth.

I need to do this. I need some direction in my life. I'm not depressed, really, but I don't have ANYthing to keep me moving forward right now. I need something to do, so I might as well make an attempt to get healthy while I'm at it. And I'm posting it on the blog so I'll have some reason to keep to it, too, since if I just try and tell myself I'll do it, I can cheat and the onl;y person I have to answer to is myself, and I can ignore myself rather easily.

What got me going on this? I don't know. I've gained weight again... I'm back up to around 288 instead of 280, so obviously I'm not doing something right. I want to someday be below 200, but we'll see. I don't expect that to happen anytime within the next year or so, but that's a goal I'd love to achieve before I turn 26.

No comments: