Tuesday, November 11

The state of State.

Hey, group. Short entry here; I missed my usual Saturday ramblings due to a Surprise trip. (That's correct both literally and geographically.) For some reason, I was suckered into driving to the Wal-Mart at Bell and Grand... but anyway...

I know that the State Marching Festival is on this coming Saturday the 15th, but I'm unsure as to the venue and time that Coronado will be performing at. Hopefully, Ms. Rich will call me back tomorrow (that's "today" if this is Wednesday already) and let me know, at which point I'll post it to all the pertinent websites.

Quick side note: I tasted no difference between Honey Roasted Reese's and "regular" Reese's peanut butter cups. What would be cool, IMHO, is if they made a chunky variety. Just my 2¢ worth.

Matrix III was a bit of a letdown. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not as put off by it as Rick was -- but still, the plot fell apart somewhat towards the end. I appreciated how they wove Gloria Foster's untimely passing (the original Oracle) into the story line, though. I felt they tied up the loose ends fairly well as far as the story went, but it just seemed a little tacky at places. Case in point, without spoiling anything: When the kid is running with the ammo and tips the cart over, and the general crawls up his ass about it... then the kid says, "I won't let you down, sir!", so unfortunately, you can pretty much tell that half an hour later or so, the kid will have a chance to prove himself and, lo and behold, he comes through with flying colors. I don't know... maybe I'm too nitpicky.

All right. Hopefully I'll be on here by noon tomorrow with the info on State. Stay fresh, y'alls.

No comments: