Sunday, November 2

Some Things Are Changing; Some Things Never Change

Okay, so the movie plans have taken on an alteration. At least three people are working all day Saturday, so we've moved it to Friday night. We're figuring on a 9:00ish show, and I imagine we'll have our choice of theatres with numerous screens of Matrix III. I was kind of hoping to scope out that new complex up north, the Harkins Scottsdale 101. I couldn't figure out if that's just a description of where it's at, or if they actually have 101 screens... just kidding. Actually, Revolutions is showing at the Cine Capri, and I'd really like to check that one out sometime, but I figure two nights after the biggest event of the year opens, it'll still be fairly crowded. I'll look into it, though. harkinstheatres.moviefone.com doesn't have anything specific beyond two days ahead. All they show for each theater on Friday and Saturday is 5 showtimes for Matrix III, and I know there's going to be more than that, especially at the big'uns like AZ Mills. Anyway, I'll let you guys know as soon as I can get the exact showtimes, probably Wednesday or so.

As far as the other half of my topic... I checked in on my profile on a personals website which shall remain nameless. Six months, now, and no hits. Also no responses to any messages I've sent. When you add in the six months I had one up last year (that one I paid for... I know, not too smart), that's been about a year's worth of no one being interested in my profile. *chuckle* I sure would like to find out the secret of these people who give glowing endorsements of these personals websites. You've heard the commercials... "Hi, I'm Sam. I met my fiancée Nancy at _____.com. We've hit it off ever since our first date." *shrug* Maybe it's just me. Or maybe they're paid spokespersons and these sites actually don't work after all. But am I going to delete it and give up? No, I just tweaked a couple of things (took out the reference to the heat outdoors, for example) and let it be. You never know. Maybe tomorrow, someone will actually look at it.

No comments: