Tuesday, February 10

As I texted a few people earlier, "My computer's history like Crystal Pepsi." I'm back once again at the controls of my parents' computer, but this time out of necessity rather than just not wanting to be at my apartment. I've been having more and more trouble with it over the past few months, getting progressively more serious. Well, finally last night it just decided it was going to stop working. Outlook Express crashed, then Explorer crashed, and then Explorer crashed again. It went to a black screen and froze, so I tried to restart it, but it wouldn't turn back on.

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with the tech center, and I went through every possible checklist they could think of. I had the cover off of the tower, and I was moving little pegs back and forth... still nothing. As it turns out, my fan hasn't been working since I unpacked the computer last April from storage, and I didn't know it. Apparently, things have been overheating and malfunctioning, and since my warranty expired at the end of 2003 (of course!), I'd be on the hook for all repair costs. So I'm just going to buy a new one.

I can still check my email here off my parents' computer, since they have Cox too. And I can write to the website, if I feel up to it. However, I find myself increasingly suffering from severe bouts of doing-nothingness, so we'll see.

No comments: