Friday, January 16

It's eerily quiet in my parents' house. I'm housesitting for the weekend -- I'd say babysitting my brother, but I'd hardly call him a baby at 13 and all. But he does need to get places, so I get to shuttle him around town for a few days while my mom is in West Virginia visiting my dad over the 3-day weekend.

Anyway, so, it's really quiet. And it's weird, sitting here with the keyboard across my lap and my feet propped up on the desk (I told you I'm a creature of habit), and it's 1:00 AM... I keep finding myself listening for signs that one of my parents is about to wake up and find me out here on the computer, forcing me to take a stealthy run down the hallway and nosedive into bed, trying valiantly to fake sleep when they walk by my bedroom.

I don't really have much else to write about. Each week is lather, rinse, repeat, but maybe that's not all bad. If I'm not posting regularly, it's either because things are going pretty well or because things are going pretty depressedly, and these past 13 days of nonpostage are not due to the latter.

No comments: