Thursday, December 11

Winter has arrived

It rained tonight, and it was definitely the first winter rain of the season. You can tell because you can hardly smell any creosote in the air. As I've discussed before, with those summer storms, you can smell creosote for hours before the storm actually hits, and for hours afterwards. Now, there's just kind of a dank weight to the air. You know what it feels like? If it were foggy outside, that's what it would feel like. Except it isn't. In fact, it's starkly and eerily clear. And quiet. I got out of my truck just now, and there was hardly a sound to be heard, save for water dripping off the end of the covered-parking structure. Well, there may have been the faint rumble of a jet from the airport, but that was it. The roads were empty on the way home.

And it's friggin' cold, too. It's going to be a cold friggin' morning, maybe even foggy if the conditions hold. But definitely cold.

Anyway, nothing much to talk about as far as myself. My dad's halfway to West Virginia, spending the night in Kansas, so I guess I'm officially in charge here in Phoenix. So begins what could be one of the best years of my life, I guess, if all goes well. We'll see.

No comments: