Sunday, April 27

"*groan* I'm so worn out... My hair hurts." --Sgt. Bilko

Went Cosmic Bowling last night. Now, I enjoy bowling... I just never said I was very good at it. I was in perfect health when I WENT there, anyway; today I'm nursing a sore left ankle, a slightly pulled right Achilles' tendon, two strained calf muscles, a very tender right biceps, and one busted-up left wrist. Oh yeah, and the echoes of one NASTY headache (they could turn the music down juuuuuust a tad, I think). I guess I shouldn't have gone out without stretching first, er something. The left wrist, however, was a by-product of me crashing to the floor after losing my balance on a throw. I've got a better range of motion with it today... last night I could barely bend it either way.

But, hey, what the hell... Had a blast. I'd do it all over again tonight if there were another function. Okay, maybe not... maybe in a few days when I can lift a bowling ball again. You should have seen me trying to weigh dogs today... for those who don't know, we've got a hook-and-sling scale that hangs from the ceiling, so I slide the sling under the dog's belly and lift them up to the hook. It's about a 3½-foot lift, and I was weighing the boys, who weigh 70-75 pounds each. Not usually any problem, but considering one wrist was shot and the other arm was at half-strength, it was an interesting task. It's all right, though... I'm a TFG, which in this case means a Tough F***in' Guy. Hell yeah!

All right then. Going to go eat some cold leftover Fazoli's and take a nap. I got to bed at 4:00 am (after some crappy service at Denny's) and was up at 5:45 for work.

[NEW THING!! I'll try and close each main post I do with a quote from The Matrix until Matrix Reloaded comes out in a few weeks. Why? Because Matrix kicks ass. End of story.]

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth."
    "What truth?"
"There is no spoon."

No comments: