Monday, April 28

Greetings, all... It's been a largely uneventful day thus far. Got a brief break between weigh-in and the races, so I popped home. I Tivoed Dragnet last nigh and hadn't had a chance to watch it.

Ohhh, yeah, I've got my Tivo all juiced and ready to go. Look for more in a future post about this thing. It's the ultimate TV toy.

Physical condition is much better today... I'm just going to have to be more careful when I bowl, I guess. My right leg is still messed up... it doesn't really hurt, per se, but the area around my knee is weak, almost like I sprained it but without the pain. I tried to stomp the dirt off my boots before I came inside just now and I almost fell down the stairs. Should I go bowling again, I'm going to have to work on NOT getting 8's and 9's on my first ball. I must have had 4 9's each game... that solitary pin was staring at me like the middle finger on the hand of the bowling gods. I think in a way it's more frustrating to toss a 9 than it is to gutter or only catch one or two.

Day off, tomorrow... ALL day. It's so weird, having all this time off. In Tucson, I got kind of used to working 6 straight days morning-to-night and then driving to Phoenix and bck every Monday, which really made Monday seem like just another workday. Now here I am, had a whole day and a half off Friday and Saturday, worked yesterday and already half-way done with work today, and I've got tomorrow off already. I feel like I'm cheating somehow. Yet, on the other hand, I feel like all my toiling in Tucson is finally paying dividends, in the sense that this is almost like a promotion.

Life is good, though. I honestly can't find anything to bitch about -- and coming from me, that's saying a lot.

All right, I'm Outtie 5000 (as Pete, one of my cool-outs in Tucson, used to say). Got to shower up and head back to the track. Going to stop at Chipotle for dinner and have a barbacoa burrito with corn salsa.

"What are you waiting for? Stop trying to hit me and HIT ME!"

No comments: