Monday, December 20

Well, it's darn near Christmas again, so I suppose that means I should post an mp3 of me singing a Christmas song, right?

Done!

The TFG Quartet -- Silent Night
http://tfg46.tripod.com/silentnight.mp3
(As is always the case, you have to copy 'n paste the URL into your address bar to circumvent Tripod's anti-remote nonsense.)

Now, of course, this sounds a little better than last year's offering, which you can still download by going back to last December in the archives to your left and looking for the post in which I posted the link. Why does it sound better? Why, because I'm reading off of actual barbershop-quartet sheet music.

We performed this very arrangement of Silent Night during intermission at the SCC Christmas concert a couple of weeks ago. Who is "we", you might ask? Allow me to introduce Biggie & the Smalls: lead Ryan Parks, tenor John Weyant, baritone Clifton Gray, and bass, at the moment, Dr. Steve Meredith. (We were left without a bass when both of the other two basses dropped out of choir in October, and Dr. Meredith, who works alldayeveryday already with various jobs at SCC and in the community-college district, offered to fill in. Naturally, having a professional singer holding down our bottom end helped us out... it was a nice perk.) I'll post the pic when I think to scan it.

Anyhow... no complaints from me. Life's good. I tend to not blog when I don't have stuff to whine and rant about, I guess. Did I mention I'm enrolling full-time at either SCC's Culinary Arts program or the Scottsdale Culinary Institute in the fall of 2006? Yeah, it's a decision I reached a few weeks ago. I'll talk more about it later. I just decided that I needed to have a viable plan for the future, instead of just waiting for whatever to arrive.

No comments: