Tuesday, November 9

How many times within the last few posts on here did I say, "Gee, I need to post more often?" ... "Need to" and "will" are two different things.

So where were we? Ah, yes, the last time I actually sat down and put fingers to keyboard, it was the doldrums of summer. I had no idea what I'd be doing, just that I had a vague concept of wanting to do something erstwhile with my free time come the autumn season.

Here it is, officially the autumn season, and things have worked out unbelievably well for me, I'd have to say. As I mentioned in an Audioblog post, I'm into vocal performance at Scottsdale Community College, and I'm in the regular choir as well as eMusic, a performance-arts group involving singers, dancers, audio/video, electronic keyboards and the such. Now I'm also in a little barbershop quartet that we've put together from the choir, and I'm on the tech crew of eMusic since they needed someone to run the computer during performances.

Woo! You have NO IDEA how much fun I've been having. Work has been going well, too, made even better by the fact that I've got a productive outlet outside of work to focus on as well. I just won a stake this past Saturday night -- picture forthcoming to my photo page -- but overall, things have just been rolling along. Lazaro's got Wichita humming, and my dad has built Wheeling up into a veritable force. We're preparing to hit 2005 running, and make it our best year ever.

I've got a concert with the choir next Saturday night, the 20th. It's supposed to start at 8:00 in the Performing Arts Center at SCC. Come on down, why don't-cha? eMusic will be performing on Wednesday, December 15... I don't know the time of that one yet. And the choir will be doing a ceremony of ancient Christmas carols a few times throughout December as well. It ought to be fun. NEXT semester, things really get to hopping with both groups. Somewhere in there, there's a week-long trip to Washington DC planned.

Oh, yeah, and then I'm trying out for Jeopardy on Friday morning. Yes, seriously. I applied back in July, kind of on a whim, and I received word this past Friday night that I was invited to try out this coming Friday (the 12th) at 10:00 AM at the Jeopardy set in Sony's studios in Culver City. So I'm driving over Thursday, and I'll stay the night in Santa Monica and then do the tryout the next morning. Needless to say, I'm excited. This is Jeopardy! I've got my studio pass and everything, so I'm all set to go.

Anyhow, that's a brief overview. As I've said, there's no guarantee how soon I'll post again. I'll be around eventually, though.

No comments: